Tuesday 25 October 2011

Art and Brick Lane

Here are few recent updates! 

Today we were able to go as a class to Degas exhibit at the Royal Academy of Arts. Degas is most known for his paintings of ballerinas and dancers, and that was all that was pretty much there! But it was really cool-they had a lot of his sketches and studies of the dancers and even some sculptures that he did too. They were beautiful!


Yesterday I went back to the Tate modern and saw this piece that I thought was really cool and trippy! It is a hanging upside down staircase made out of fabric. The artist is Do Ho Suh! 


On Friday for art class we went to the Courtauld Gallery and I loved it! There were a lot of great impressionist and post-impressionist painters that were brilliant! 


I thought that mom and dad might like this one! This artist's name is Andre Derain.



This famous painting, A Bar at the Folies Bergere by Edouard Manet was there!!! When I learned about in my humanities class I wasn't really crazy about it, but seeing it in real life made me love it!


Yes. THE SELF PORTRAIT OF MY LOVE VINCENT VAN GOGH! It was there! And it is amazing. I just love that man so much!



Last week we went to see a concert. It was this french guy named Yann Tiersen, who has some beautiful piano music. We thought it was going to be a classical piano concert, but it ended up being a techno rock concert haha but it was still fun! This band called Lanterns on the Lake opened for them, and this guy in the band totally reminded me of Jackson with long hair and a mustache! 



Then I saw a large mustache! On Saturday I went to the Brick Lane market and I saw this on the way. I guess the men do this thing in London where they grow a mustache to raise awareness for prostate cancer. Here is more about it, I thought it was pretty funny!

The Brick Lane is a cool part of London that had a lot of graffiti and vintage shops. Here is some graffiti that I thought was groovy and reminded me of the artist, Liechtenstein!


This are some polka dot shirts in a cool Vintage shop called, Blitz Blitz!


A little shop on Brick Lane with a cello :)
Love you guys and miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment