Saturday 5 November 2011

War Museum,Halloween and Borough Market!

Here are a few things that we did last few weeks before we left for Paris! We went to the British War Museum, which is really cool! I think that mom and dad would really like it!


Here is the front of the British War Museum-it has two large cannons right out in front!


This is a piece of the Berlin Wall that is at the museum that was done by an artist.


Inside there were all different kinds of guns, tanks and submarines, and airplanes hanging from the ceiling.


This is a piece of the twin towers that they have there.



Then on Friday night we had a Halloween party and it was a lot of fun! We all dressed up and Thais made dinner cooked in a pumpkin. We also decorated cookies and cupcakes, had a dance party, and then watched the movie Psycho. For my costume I dressed up as a Liechtenstein comic girl! 


Here is a better picture-Kourtney, the girl next to me, did my makeup. She put dots of foundation on my face so it looked all comic-like and outlined my eyes, lips, and eyebrows with black! I made a little bubble from one of Liechtenstein's pieces! There were a lot of fun costumes-Eve Everett was a can of sardines, and she was wrapped in foil and had two big eyes on her head haha. It was really cute!


Then on Saturday we went to Borough Market, this food market they do every Thursday to Sunday, and it was amazing! There was so much yummy food there, I had to control myself! This place is where I got a yummy lamb sandwich.


Here is the yummy lamb sandwich!


Those bad boys on the end are super-sized brownies!!!





This is some fresh mozzarella, just for you Dad!


I bought a Lamington, that dessert from Australia and New Zealand. I remember mom talking about them, and thought I would try one! They are really good.



Turkish delights!


More sweets.


Bread in a pot!


I bought a gingerbread cookie with this cute elephant on it :)


Macaroons!


It is hard to see, but all of those baskets are filled with all different kinds of mushrooms!


They also had many different kinds of olives! It was crazy how much food they had there!

No comments:

Post a Comment